- This event has passed.
Presidential Advisory Council on Combating Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria
September 12 - September 13
The 21st Presidential Advisory Council on Combating Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria (PACCARB) public meeting is tentatively being planned as an in-person event on September 12 and September 13, 2022. The meeting will focus on pandemic preparedness and AMR policy.
Highlighted topics include:
- Understanding the Human Diagnostic Communication Network (Labs, Public Health Departments, and Providers)
- Infection Prevention and Control for Resistant Pathogens during a Medical Surge
- Leveraging the Existing Pipeline of Available Vaccines and Therapeutics while Developing New AMR MCMs (Human)
- Developing New Human Diagnostics in an Emergency Situation: What’s Expected, Needed, and How We Get What We Need
- A Pandemic Response from a Global Perspective
- The Agricultural Workforce: Human Health Risk and the Role of Workers as Vectors of Transmission
- The Role of Associations in Pandemic Response and Dissemination of Information
- Impact of a Public Health Emergency on Human Antibiotic Stewardship Practices
- Diagnosing Fungal Infections and Resistance with our Current Diagnostic Capacity
- The Role of Diagnostics in Herds: Availability, Challenges, and How They’re Used
- The Federal Strategy for Animal Surveillance, Information Sharing, and Disseminating Guidance
- Recognizing the Pandemic: Identifying the “AMR Pandemic” within the Pandemic and Disseminating Information and Guidance
- Leveraging Current Human Antibiotic-Use-Monitoring for AMR Pandemic Surveillance
- Recognizing the Pandemic: Producer Surveillance Methods and Identifying Secondary AMR infections in Animal Production
- Development of New Animal Vaccines and Understanding Federal Regulations
- Understanding the Animal Diagnostic Communication Network (Labs, Producers, and Veterinarians)
- Sources of Environmental Contamination and the Potential for Surveillance
This meeting is open to the public. Members of the public can choose to attend in-person (attendance will be limited) or view the meeting via webcast. Please visit the HHS 21st Presidential Advisory Council on Combating Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria (PACCARB) website to register.