- This event has passed.
Radiation Safety Officer Training for Lab Professionals
April 11, 2016 - April 15, 2016
Harvard University’s Radiation Safety Officer Training for Laboratory Professionals course will be held April 11-15, 2016 in Boston, Massachusetts.
This training program aims to administer the skills needed to become a radiation safety officer able to implement a radiation protection program in laboratory settings. Areas of emphasis are expected to include:
- Radiation quantities, units, and measures
- Radiation exposure, biological effects of radiation, and human health risks
- Regulatory requirements and radiation protection standards
- Instrument utilization and procedures
- Radioactive materials handling, transportation, inventory control, and waste management
- Good management practices for radiation safety programs
Please visit the Radiation Safety Officer Training for Laboratory Professionals course website for more information and to register.