- This event has passed.
SOT 2022 – Society of Toxicology Annual Meeting
March 27, 2022 - March 31, 2022
The 61st Annual Meeting of the Society of Toxicology will be held 27-31 March 2022 in San Diego, California with livestream options for remote participation.
This year’s meeting will include all the traditional hallmarks—2,000+ scientific presentations across 70+ sessions; 250 exhibitors with products and services in the ToxExpo; and scores of networking and social events. This year’s meeting will also feature a key new element that will enhance the meeting experience for all. Registrants not traveling to the meeting can watch all the Featured and Scientific Sessions live through the SOT Event App or Online Planner. Of note, all registrants can access these same sessions through on-demand recordings that will be available in the SOT Event App and Online Planner after their conclusion. These on-demand videos will be viewable to registrants through July 31, 2022.
Highlighted sessions of interest include:
- Conceptual Models in Immunotoxicology: Leveraging Biological Knowledge, Alternative Approaches, and Computational Strategies for the Future of Risk Assessment
- All for One and One for All: One Environmental Health in Toxicology
- Methodological Aspects of Vascular Toxicity
- Principles and Applications of Read-Across in Human Health Risk Assessment
- How Advances in Exposure Science and Toxicology Are Changing Assessments of the Effects of Chemical Mixtures on Human Health
- Leading-Edge Microbiome Methods for Toxicological Applications
- Applications of Single Cell Profiling Methods to Enhance Mechanistic Understanding of Toxicological Responses
- Next-Level Neurotoxicology: New Technologies to Advance Visualization of Spatial Molecular Alterations and Behavioral Phenotyping
- Comparative Toxicology, Pathology, and Veterinary Specialty Section Officers Meeting
- Assay Gaps in the Developmental Neurotoxicity (DNT) New Approach Methodologies (NAMs) Battery for Human Health Risk Assessment
- Application of the devTOX quickPredict and Cardio quickPredict Biomarker-Based In Vitro Assays for Toxicity Screening: Presented by Stemina Biomarker Discovery
- Biotechnology, Mechanisms, Molecular and Systems Biology Joint Specialty Section Mentoring Event
- Simulated-Use Extractables: A Risk Mitigation Strategy for Medical Device Toxicological Risk Assessments (TRAs): Presented by WuXi AppTec – Laboratory Testing Division
- Bad Breath: Noninvasive Investigation into the Exhaled Biomarkers for Toxicological Research
- Up to the Task? Quantitative Evaluation Criteria for Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic (PBPK) Models
Please include the following National Toxicology Program (NTP) Interagency Center for the Evaluation of Alternative Toxicological Methods (NICEATM) and Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Validation of Alternative Methods (ICCVAM) activities in your itinerary for the first two days of the Society of Toxicology (SOT) 2022 annual meeting. A list of all NICEATM and ICCVAM activities is available here. For remote participants, all times are Pacific Daylight Time.
Sunday, March 27: Continuing Education Courses:
- AM02: Conceptual Models in Immunotoxicology: Leveraging Biological Knowledge, Alternative Approaches, and Computational Strategies for the Future of Risk Assessment (8:15 a.m.-12 noon): Acting NICEATM Director Nicole Kleinstreuer is a speaker.
- PM11: Next-Level Neurotoxicology: New Technologies to Advance Visualization of Spatial Molecular Alterations and Behavioral Phenotyping (1:15-5:00 p.m.): NICEATM scientist Helena Hogberg (National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences) is presenting.
Monday, March 28: Oral Presentation Sessions:
- Symposium Session: New Approach Methods for Functional Developmental Neurotoxicity (9:15 a.m.-12:00 noon – CC Ballroom 6E): ICCVAM advisory committee member Tamara Tal (Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research) is session chair; Acting NICEATM Director Nicole Kleinstreuer is session co-chair.
- Platform Session: Risk Assessment (9:15 a.m.-12:00 noon – CC Room 8): “Modification of the Skin Allergy Risk Assessment (SARA) Model for GHS Classification and Its Application to Isothiazolinone Case Studies,” presented by NICEATM scientist Judy Strickland (Inotiv, contractor supporting NICEATM).
Monday, March 28: Poster Sessions:
- PFAS I (9:00-10:45 a.m.)
- Autoimmunity/Hypersensitivity (2:30-4:15 p.m.)
- Neurotoxicity: General (2:30-4:15 p.m.)
- Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology I (2:30-4:15 p.m.)
- Food Safety/Nutrition (2:30-4:15 p.m.)
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to participate in the on-site meeting.
Please visit the SOT 2022 website to register and for more information.