- This event has passed.
What’s Next for the Pandemic Financing Agenda?
February 7 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EST
A virtual event featuring an expert panel focused on What’s Next for the Pandemic Financing Agenda? will be held 7 February 2024.
As the world approaches the four-year anniversary of the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, questions remain as to whether we are more prepared and ready than before. A recently published CGD working paper indicated a substantial risk of occurrence of future pandemics. Yet the financing tools for preparedness and response remain immature, if not neglected. The world still needs faster, larger, and clearer financing tools for pandemics. In this webinar, we review the ongoing problem of gaps in the global pandemic risk financing architecture in the aftermath of the G20 Pandemic Financing report and G7 Nagasaki Health Ministers’ Communiqué, and propose specific policy recommendations for world leaders and multilateral and bilateral donors to consider in 2024.
- Ruchir Agarwal, Research Fellow, Harvard Kennedy School; Non-resident Fellow, Center for Global Development
- Nita Madhav, Senior Director, Head of Epidemiology & Modeling, Ginkgo Bioworks
- Carolyn Reynolds, Co-Founder, Pandemic Action Network
- Cristina Stefan, Lead Risk Finance Advisor, Centre for Disaster Protection
- Victoria Fan, Senior Fellow, Center for Global Development
The virtual event, co-hosted by CGD, Ginkgo Bioworks, the Pandemic Action Network, and the Centre for Disaster Protection, will begin with short presentations from each speaker, followed by a discussion among the panelists and an audience Q&A.
Please visit the What’s Next for the Pandemic Financing Agenda? event page to register and for more information.