The U.S. Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC) Chemical Biological Applications and Risk Reduction (CBARR) business unit provides support to operations globally in the form of threat agent remediation, investigation, destruction, and elimination activities.
The organization is conducting market research to identify potential sources for mission support services related to CBARR’s environmental, safety, health, research, and project management activities.
Primarily, ECBC is seeking information from vendors that have the necessary capabilities to perform the following general requirements:
- Develop and provide input to demilitarization system and disposal plans
- Prepare assessments to support destruction technology selections and planning
- Fabricate, assemble, modify, and finish prototype hardware systems
- Conduct fixed and mobile environmental testing and monitoring
- Conduct waste collection and management
- Demilitarization of military chemical protective equipment
- Calibrate, maintain, and operate process engineering equipment and facilities at APG
- Perform decontamination of chemical materiel generated during sample analysis
- Provide logistics support of equipment in CONUS and OCONUS locations
- Maintain the stock levels of spare parts, repair parts, and consumables
- Manage operations at chemical protective equipment maintenance and issue facilities
- Provide engineering support for filter testing and airflow systems assessment
- Provide CBRNE and laboratory subject matter expertise on sample prep and analysis
- Perform and update CBRNE threat countermeasures assessments
- Develop novel methods and design experiments for ongoing developmental programs
- Perform sampling and analysis for toxic pollutants and hazardous substances
- Maintain and manage the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Perform safety inspections of laboratory, industrial, warehouse, and storage facilities
This market research represents a new requirement, portions of which were previously competed under W911SR-13-D-0001 entitled Chemical Biological Applications and Risk Reductions Mission Support Contract (CBARR-MSC). Other portions were competed under the multi-award Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives Mission Support Contract (CBRNE-MSC).
Further details are available via Solicitation Number: W911SR-15-R-CBARR. The response deadline is August 21, 2015.