To support U.S. government medical countermeasure research and development in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Biomedical Advanced Research Development Authority (BARDA) is providing a portal to simplify submission of market research packages from interested stakeholders.
The U.S. government, in response to the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak, seeks information from stakeholders on available medical countermeasures in development. BARDA is particularly interested in products and technologies that have progressed into or beyond non-clinical trials, have established large-scale cGMP manufacturing capability, or utilize an approved platform. Information regarding diagnostics, therapeutics, vaccines, and other products or technologies relevant to addressing this outbreak are sought.
Ideal technologies and products will be:
- Relevant to the U.S. government nCoV medical countermeasure research and development efforts and/or the BARDA Emerging Infectious Disease mission
- Utilize an already-approved platform, have non-clinical data suggesting efficacy, and/or have significant manufacturing capability
- Fully owned or licensed by your organization (you have full IP rights)
Submit your market research package: 2019 nCoV Market Research Submission Form.
Submissions will be accepted for an indeterminate period of time.
This article was updated on Feb 11 to reflect the naming of the virus from the provisional 2019-nCoV to SARS-CoV-2. The disease caused by SARS-CoV-2 is now called COVID-19.
Related Reading from Global Biodefense:
- 51 FDA Approved Medical Countermeasures Backed by BARDA
- Inflammatix Wins BARDA Backing for Diagnostic to Rapidly Distinguish Bacterial from Viral Infections
- Project BioShield: Building a Better Medical Countermeasure Pipeline
- BARDA Extends Strategic Partnership with JLABS
- BARDA Backs Antibody Therapy Against MERS Virus
- MERS-CoV: Clinical Trial Starts for Regeneron’s Monoclonal Antibody Treatments
- Detecting Infection Before Symptoms Occur by Monitoring the Vagus Nerve