Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG)Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG)U.S. Army
Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) is home to 11 U.S. Army major commands and supports more than 80 tenants, 20 satellite and 17 private activities.
The installation provides facilities to perform research, development, testing and evaluation of Army materiel.
APG also supports a wide variety of training, including mechanical maintenance, health promotion and preventive medicine, chemical and biological defense, and chemical casualty care, chemical demilitarization.
Tenant groups include:
- Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD)
- US Army Research Lab (ARL)
- US Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC)
- 20th Support Command (CBRNE)
- US Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC)
- Aberdeen Test Center (ATC)
- US Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense (USAMRICD)
- US Army Research, Development and Engineering Command (RDECOM)
- US Army Public Health Command (USAPHC)
- 48th Chemical Brigade, US Army Chemical Materials Agency (CMA)
- US Army National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC)
- US Army Research Institute (ARI)
APG occupies a land area of over 70,000 acres and is composed of two major areas: the northern Aberdeen area and southern Edgewood Area that were combined in 1971.
Editor’s Picks: Articles related to Aberdeen Proving Ground. Links may lead to external sites.
- Aberdeen Proving Ground Discovery Week APBI 2019
- Edgewood Chemical Biological Center Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- 1st AML Hosts Operational Clinical Infectious Disease Course
- APG Holds Biennial Stem Expo
- Future Tech Promises More Mobile, Expeditionary Command Posts
- Army Moving Chemical Weapons Defense Units from Maryland
- Aberdeen General Named in Anthrax Investigation
- DoD Seeks Help Manufacturing Ebola Assays
- APG Hosts Radiological Detection System Industry Day
- Tauri Group Awarded JPEO-CBD Task Orders
- ECBC Congratulates Staff on Syrian CWA Destruction
- Advanced Chemistry Laboratory Opens on APG
- APG Team CBRNE Technology Showcase
- CBRNE Team Validates Heavy Expeditionary Laboratory
2401 Chesapeake Ave Aberdeen Proving Ground MD 21010 United States