- This event has passed.
2017 ASM Biothreats
February 6, 2017 - February 8, 2017
The 2017 ASM Biothreats conference, formerly known as the ASM Biodefense and Emerging Diseases Research Meeting, will be held February 6–8, 2017 in Washington, DC.
ASM Biothreats will cover a wide-range of biological threats and emerging infectious diseases to stimulate knowledge-sharing among stakeholders in academia, industry and government.
Highlighted sessions include:
- Managing the Dual Threats of Lassa Fever and Ebola in West Africa
- International Collaborations to Defend Against Biological Weapons
- Mechanisms of Bacterial Pathogenesis: Drivers of Novel Medical Countermeasures
- Predicting Emergence by Understanding the Past
- Response Team Training in The High-Risk Environment
- National Bioterror Emergency Response Preparedness
- Emerging Parasitic Diseases: Pathogenic Mechanisms and Potential for New Control Measures
- Pandemic Preparedness: Lessons Learned
- Synthetic Biology: Defense Perspectives
- Transporting Patients with Highly Contagious Diseases
- Accreditation/Certification Needs for Process for Biocontainment Labs
- In Vivo Physiologic Monitoring: Advancing Infectious Disease Research Through Translational Endpoints Captured from Wireless Monitoring Methods
- Role of Genomics Emerging and Infectious Disease Surveillance
- Vector Control – Is There Hope on The Horizon?
- Melioidosis: A Disease Model for Translating Research and Response into Policy
- Understanding Host Immune Responses During Infection and Implications on Vaccine Development
- Licensure Under the FDA Animal Rule: A Path to Success
- Zika Virus in The Americas
Please visit the ASM Biothreats 2017 website for more information and to register.