- This event has passed.
Drug Discovery for Parasitic Diseases
January 24, 2016 - January 28, 2016
The Drug Discovery for Parasitic Diseases 2016 Symposium will be held January 24-28, 2016 in Tahoe City, California.
New therapies, ideally directed against novel targets, are urgently needed for parasitic organisms, including protozoa and helminths.
This conference will showcase cutting-edge anti-parasitic drug discovery programs that illustrate the path from parasite biology to lead identification and from optimization to candidate selection. It will emphasize the need for coordinated integration of programs in medicinal chemistry, parasite biology, pharmacokinetics and safety assessment.
Highlighted topics include:
- Clinical Trials for the Treatment of Visceral Leishmaniasis
- Antimalarial Drug Discovery: From Phenotypic Screen to Novel Hits
- Changing Malaria Treatment Efficacy with Changes in Treatment Practices and Drug Sensitivities
- Partnership Performing Drug Discovery towards Visceral Leishmaniasis
- Leishmania Tyrosyl tRNA Synthetase and its Prospect as a Drug Target
- Discovery of New Therapeutics to Treat Sleeping Sickness
- Target-Based Drug Discovery: Targeting Cysteine Proteases in Multiple Organisms
- Tailored Hit-Discovery Cascades for Leishmania donovani and Trypanosoma cruzi
- Structure and Function-Based Design of Plasmodium-Selective Proteasome Inhibitors
- Submicromolar Activity Against the Causative Agent of Chagas Disease
- Targeting Artemisinin Resistance in the Malaria Parasite Plasmodium falciparum
- Mechanism of Action of the Chloronitrobenzamides against Trypanosoma brucei brucei
- A Clinical Candidate Targeting Plasmodium falciparum Dihydroorotate Dehydrogenase
Please visit Keystone’s Drug Discovery for Parasitic Diseases website for more information and to register.