- This event has passed.
EMBC 2014 – Engineering in Medicine and Biology
August 26, 2014 - August 30, 2014
EMBC 2014, the 36th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, will be held August 26-30, 2014 in Chicago, Illinois.
The theme of EMBC 2014 is “Discovering, Innovating, and Engineering Future Biomedicine. Diverse topics will be covered ranging from cutting-edge biomedical and healthcare technology research and development, clinical applications, to biomedical education.
The conference program will consist of high-profile keynote lectures, symposia, workshops, invited sessions, oral and poster sessions, and exhibitions. All papers will be peer reviewed; accepted full-length papers will appear in the Conference Proceedings and be indexed by IEEE Xplore and Medline/PubMed.
Highlighted topic areas for EMBC 2014 include:
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Biomedical Imaging & Image Processing
- Bioinstrumentation, Biosensors, & Bio-Micro/Nano Technologies
- Bioinformatics & Computational Biology, Systems Biology, & Modeling Methodologies
- Cardiovascular & Respiratory Systems Engineering
- Neural Engineering & Rehabilitation Engineering
- Tissue Engineering & Biomaterials
- Biomechanics & Biorobotics
- Therapeutic Systems, Devices & Technologies, & Clinical Engineering
- Healthcare Information Systems, & Telemedicine
- Biomedical Engineering Education
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Leroy Hood, M.D., Ph.D., President, Institute for Systems Biology
- Kristi Anseth, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor, Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering, University of Colorado
- Emery Brown, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Computational Neuroscience & Health Sciences & Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Maryellen Giger, Ph.D., A.N. Pritzker Professor of Radiology, Department of Radiology, University of Chicago
- John Gore, Ph.D., Director, Institute of Imaging Science, Vanderbilt University
- Richard Hausmann, Ph.D., President & CEO, Health care Systems Global MR Business, General Electric
- Bin He, Ph.D., Director, Institute for Engineering in Medicine, University of Minnesota
- Roger Kamm, Ph.D., Cecil & Ida Green Distinguished Professor, Biological & Mechanical Engineering, MIT
- Yongmin Kim, Ph.D., President, Pohang University of Science & Technology, Korea
- Kam Leong, Ph.D., James B. Duke Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University
- Stephen Oesterle, M.D., Senior Vice President, Medicine & Technology, Medtronic, Inc.
- Hunter Peckham, Ph.D., Director, Functional Electrical Stimulation Center, Case Western Reserve University
Please visit the conference website for more information and to register for EMBC 2014.