- This event has passed.
Mechanisms of Interbacterial Cooperation and Competition
March 1, 2017 - March 4, 2017
The inaugural American Society for Microbiology ASM Conference on Mechanisms of Interbacterial Cooperation and Competition will be held March 1-4, 2017 in Washington, DC.
The event will provide an overview of the exciting new research on cooperation and competition in microbes, from the detailed study of mechanism up to complex microbial communities and their interactions with a host.
Highlighted presentation topics include:
- Type VI Secretion and Competence in Vibrio Cholera
- Evolution and Ecology of Competition Via the Type VI Secretion System
- Mutual Inhibition Drives Kin Discrimination in Bacillus subtilis
- Competition Sensing and Antibiotic Production in Streptomyces
- Cooperation During Biofilm Formation in Pseudomonas Aeruginosa
- Quorum Sensing, Cooperation and Cheating in Bacteria
- Predators and Prey: The Effects of Phage on Bacterial Communities
- The Evolution of Cooperation Within the Gut Microbiota
- The Ecology of Microbiome Communities
- The Host as a Master Manipulator: IgA and the Microbiota
Please visit ASM’s Conference on Mechanisms of Interbacterial Cooperation and Competition website for more information and to register to participate.