- This event has passed.
NICBR Winter Symposium on Novel Therapeutics
January 24, 2019
The National Interagency Confederation for Biological Research (NICBR) will host a symposium on novel therapeutics for infectious diseases, cancer and autoimmunity on January 24, 2019 in Frederick, Maryland.
NICBR is a consortium of eight agencies working in synergy to achieve a healthier and more secure nation. It serves as a framework for facilitating and encouraging interaction among the NICBR member organizations where there are areas of mutual interest.
The eight members include elements of the Department of Defense, Health and Human Services, Agriculture, and Homeland Security:
- National Cancer Institute at Frederick
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command
- US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service
- National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Centers
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Naval Medical Research Center
- US Food and Drug Administration
Craig Thomas, PhD, NCATS will provide the keynote presentation on “Accelerating Translation: Strategies for Rapid Probe Development, Drug Combination Discovery and Precision Medicine.”
If you are a researcher in the Frederick community working in these areas and would like to give an oral presentation, please provide a short abstract by Jan. 5, 2019. It is anticipated that the program will consist of selected oral presentations from the NICBR member agencies.
Registration is required. There is no fee for this event.