- This event has passed.
Polymicrobial Infections 2014
November 13, 2014 - November 16, 2014
The 1st ASM Conference on Polymicrobial Infections will be hosted by the American Society for Microbiology November 13-16, 2014 in Washington, D.C.
The majority of all infections involve multiple agents, yet it is only recently that the impact of polymicrobial infection on disease outcomes has been addressed experimentally. This conference will bring together a diverse group of investigators addressing polymicrobial infections in medical, dental/periodontal, and veterinary fields. The goal is to explore common themes and identify niches/topics for additional study.
Highlighted sessions include:
- Metabolic Partitioning in Polymicrobial Infections
- Distributed Genomes and Horizontal Gene Exchange
- Clostridium difficile and Intestinal Microbiota
- Synergy Between Influenza and Pneumococcus
- Bacterial/Viral Interaction in Airway Infections
- Viral Potentiation of Haemophilus parasius Infection
- Latent Viral Infections and Resistant to Subsequent Infection
- Parasitic Infection Affects Pneumococcal Susceptibility
- Cross Reactive Epitopes in Viral Coinfections
- Immune Priming and Microbial Competition
Please visit ASM’s Polymicrobial Infections conference website for more information and to register to attend.