20th CBRNE Command20th CBRNE CommandU.S. Army
The 20th Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear,and Explosives (CBRNE) Command is an expeditionary command in the U.S. Army capable of rapid deployment globally of specialized assets in support of CBRNE WMD missions.
The 20th CBRNE Command is composed of more than 5,000 military and civilian employees comprising 85% of the Active Army’s Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN) Units.
Highlighted 20th CBRNE Command capabilities include:
- CBRNE Reconnaissance and Surveillance Operations
- Decontamination of Personnel, Equipment and Facilities
- CBRNE and WMD Consequence Management Operations
- Field Laboratory Analysis of Suspected CBRNE Materials, Agents, and Toxins
- Recovered Chemical Warfare Material (RCWM) & Chemical/Biological Surety Escort
- Defense CBRN Response Force (DCRF) Consequence Management
- National Technical Nuclear Forensics (NTNF) Ground Collection Task Force
- EOD Emergency Response to DOD and in support of Civil Authorities (DSCA)
- Very Important Persons Protection Support Activity (VIPPSA)
- Combat and Contingency Operations in Iraq/Afghanistan & CBRNE related missions world-wide WMD Elimination – Serving as Joint Task Force for Elimination Headquarters
In coordination with the Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD), the organization assists in enhanced technology demonstrations, providing invaluable feedback from the field to inform equipment modernization challenges.
Editor’s Picks: Articles related to the 20th CBRNE Command. Links may lead to external sites.
- Highlights from CBRNe World Convergence
- 1st AML Hosts Operational Clinical Infectious Disease Course
- Army’s Mobile Laboratory Unit Certifies for Global Mission
- U.S. Army’s 20th CBRNE Commander Speaks at NCT CBRNe Europe
- 20th CBRNE Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- ECBC Technology on Display at Team CBRNE Showcase
- CBRNE Analytical and Remediation Activity Gets New Director
- 48th CBRN Brigade to Command Ebola Mission in Liberia
- CBRNE Team Validates Heavy Expeditionary Laboratory
- 1st Area Medical Laboratory Gets New Commander
- Army CBRNE Response Team Trains with FBI
- Army Hosts First CBRNE Leaders Course
- Army Market Survey for CBRN, Biodefense Equipment
- DoD Market Survey for CBRNe Equipment Database
AFCB-PA 2400 21st Street Aberdeen Proving Ground 21010 United States